23. April 2010

Affection and Shyness - Zuneigung und Schüchternheit

It's spring and I've fallen in love with the loads of colours of red onions after having a look at those by Justin Clayton . It seems that you don't need a lot to put them on canvas, so, have try yourself! What makes an onion? And a red one? The different colours surprised me. I'd like to be surprised. O:-)
I put a pair of them on my sunny windowsill in the studio and found a title that personalizes my red darlings.

Es ist Frühling und ich habe mich in die Massen von Farben von roten Zwiebeln, nach dem ich einen Blick auf jene von Justin Clayton geworfen hatte. Es scheint so, als bräuchte man nicht viel, um sie auf eine Leinwand zu bringen. Versuch' es doch selbst einmal! Was macht eine Zweibel aus? Und eine rote? Die unschiedlichen Farben überraschten mich. Ich lasse mich gern überraschen. O:-)
Ich legte ein Paar von ihnen auf meine sonnige Fensterbank des Ateliers und fand einen Titel, der meine roten Schätze personalisiert.
 
  15 x 15cm, oil on canvas, Öl auf Leinwand
sold

2 Kommentare:

  1. You have got the colours spot on Ulrike. How did you make the colours of the onions, alizarin crimson and ultramarine blue with a touch of burnt umber perhaps?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I've got a small palette anyway: titan, black, vermillion red, crimson, phtalo blue, ultramarine, lemon yellow and cadmium yellow dark. That's it. O;-) I took crimson and ultramarine anyway, however, for the darker parts I also used some black and vermillion. By the way, I gave the canvas a yellow green wash first.

    AntwortenLöschen