5. Mai 2010

Light Armchair - Lichter Sessel

Yesterday I was alone at my parents' home because they had to do something else. However, I had my acrylics with me, still in a plastic bag O;-). I went through the big garden, but to paint outside was impossible. It was so cold. Just before I starting on a garden painting from a photo I saw this lit armchair.

Gestern war ich allein in meinem Elternhaus, weil meine Lieben anderes vorhatten. Ich hatte jedoch meine Acrylfarben dabei, noch in einer Plastiktüte O;-). Ich ging durch den großen Garten, aber draußen zu malen war unmöglich. Es war zu kalt. Kurz bevor ich ein Gartenbild begann, sprang mir dieser erleuchtete Sessel ins Auge.

  13 x 18cm, acrylics on canvas panel, Acryl auf Leinwandpaneel

Here is the poor pot on the wall, again.

Hier ist noch einmal der arme Topf auf der Mauer.

3 Kommentare:

  1. The rich colours in the chair painting are really nice and compliment each other so well. My eye keeps going to the left of the chair and I keep wondering 'what is that shape on the wall' I place my hand over it and immediately it looks better. The chair and the light are beautifully painted and the first time I see a radiator look so nice! You have done a great job on this painting Ulrike. You create beauty with paints for just ordinary everyday things. This is interesting!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. The "shape of the wall" is a hard shaddow and you see the top of the lamp in it. Today my student Claudia said: "You paint everything anyway." O;-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hi Ulrike-thanks for visiting my painting blog. I love this red chair! It looks like a story, ready to happen...I will continue to follow your work...good cloud demo too :)

    AntwortenLöschen