3. Mai 2010

No pic today,... - Heute kein Bild,...

...but today I was fed up with all the looking for good panels in Germany and always ending up in the U.S., where you seemingly find everything. So, I went to a DIY and found a nice man there who cut 1m² MDF-Panel into 16 15x15cm panels, 2 30x40cm panels, 2 20x50cm panels and 5 20x20cm panels. He did great and I was happy. Then I went to the nearest art supplier and bought my first gesso that I tried on two of them. I'm curious about the outcome. I bet you'll see it. O:-)

 ... aber heute hatte ich genug von der ganzen Suche nach guten Paneelen in Deutschland und dem ständigen Endpunkt USA, wo man anscheinend alles findet. Deshalb fuhr ich heute zu einem Baumarkt und fand einen netten Herren, der 1m² MDF-Paneel in 16 Platten à 15x15cm, 2 Platten à 30x40cm, 2 Platten à 20x50cm und 5 Platten à 20x20cm sägte. Danach fuhr ich weiter zum nächsten Künstlerbedarf und kaufte mein erste Gesso, das ich anschließend auf den ersten beiden Paneelen ausprobiert habe. Ich bin neugierig auf das, was daraus wird. Ich wette, Sie werden es sehen. O:-)

2 Kommentare:

  1. Ah! so you move forward! I hope the gesso panels work out well for you. You can also stick cloth, hessian, muslin and linen onto the panels too for texture, so I hear. I have not tried this!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I think I'll try it without texture. I did some small paintings this size directly on wood e.g. the apple piece of 10th March, but I was not completely satisfied, perhaps because I used just normal acrylic paint that of course does nothing with the underground. I'll you what will happen O:-)

    AntwortenLöschen