25. Mai 2010

Weser Beach - Weserstrand

Today I got my cycle out of the cellar. (Hard job!) The sun was shining, clouds were moving slowly in the sky and I was cycling through a part of the harbour that is newly called "Überseestadt". There are a lot of building sites and cranes taking supplies on higher and higher tops. The only still "sleeping" area has got a nice path with a direct view over the river Weser. Up to now I haven't seen this small beach at all. So, I sat down with my Thumbox inbetween a big number of seagulls breeding there at the moment. While I was sitting in the gras a flock of seagulls were cursing like an old sailor. As you go there in spring and summer it's a bit like in Hitchcock's "The Birds". Sorry, that there's no seagull to find on the painting. O;-)

Heute habe ich meine Fahrrad aus dem Keller geholt. (Ein hartes Stück Arbeit!) Die Sonne schien, Wolken schaukelten über den Himmel und ich fuhr durch ein Hafengebiet, das neuerdings Überseestadt heißt. Dort findet man eine Menge Baustellen und Kräne tragen alles Mögliche in immer höhere Höhen. Der einzig noch "schlafende" Bereich hat einen schönen Blick über die Weser. Bisher hatte ich diesen kleinen Strand noch nie gesehen. So setzte ich mich mit meiner Thumbox zwischen eine große Anzahl von Möwen, die in der Gegend gerade brüten. Während ich im Gras saß, schimpften ein Schwarm Möwen wie die Rohrspatzen (Spatzen sind nichts dagegen.). Wenn man dort im Frühling und Sommer entlang geht, ist es ein wenig wie in Hitchcock's "Die Vögel". Sorry, dass auf dem Bild keine Möwe zu finden ist. O;-)
18 x 24cm, acrylics on canvas panel, Acryl auf Leinwandpaneel

2 Kommentare:

  1. I believe I have seen this place before when I did google earth on your home town. It really is nice to see the wee beaches appear by such a rural location with trees etc. Your sky is lovely Ulrike, good to hear you are using the thumb box to get around.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I'm sure you've seen a different beach, a beach nearer to the city center, where a lot of people go with their kids to spend a nice day. This one is a bit forgotten, but not less suitable for a sunny day or walk. I think I'll go there soon O:-)

    AntwortenLöschen