20. Dezember 2010

More Snow - Mehr Schnee

I didn't know what I was going to paint when I put this bigger panel on my easel. I got out my new oil paints I was supposed to buy for a course about painting skies I'll attend in January 2011 and I'm sure I also thought one Caroline Simmill's paintings.


Ich wusste nicht, was ich malen würde, als ich dieses größere Paneel auf meine Staffelei stellte. Ich holte meine neuen Ölfarben heraus, die ich für einen Kurs für das Malen des Himmels, an dem ich im Januar 2011 teilnehme, gekauft hatte, und ich dachte ganz sicher an Caroline Simmills Bilder.

40 x 30cm, oil on MDF panel, Öl auf MDF-Paneel

4 Kommentare:

  1. Ulrike, I just wrote to you on facebook. Richard thinks this is a lovely painting and is pleased you can paint to a bigger size or the course would be a big challenge. I can see that you cannot wait for the course to begin already you have your paints out and have produced a lovely wintery scene with a fine sky!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Great to get a compliment of the cloud and glazing queen! O:-) And it didn't take long at all. The still lives seem more demanding. How long do you work on one of your wonderful scenes?

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Oh anything from 4 hours to 2 weeks just depending on what needs to be done. It is unusual to finish a painting in one day as it will need to dry so I can work again on it. You did well in your painting Ulrike, sometimes it can happen like that, a painting can suddenly be done very quickly also providing a lot of information too. I hope you are enjoying your paintings. I forgot to say my Carlson book has arrived and it is a most interesting read, are you getting the ideas for your paintings from your cloud book? is it good?

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. The cloud photos are quite small, but it's interesting in the scientific way O;-) Carlson is on the way to me. Is it good?

    AntwortenLöschen