16. Januar 2011

Where do the clouds go 1 - Wohin gehen die Wolken 1

A new assignment - a new challenge. Now it's about clouds in the sky, how they look, what colours they have at what daytime and their ways. This is my first sketch of six.

Eine neue Aufgabe - eine neue Herausforderung. Jetzt geht es um Wolken im Himmel, wie sie aussehen, welche Farben sie haben zu welcher Tageszeit und ihre Wege. Dies ist die erste von sechs Skizzen.

30 x 40cm, oil on stretched canvas, Öl auf gespannter Leinwand

5 Kommentare:

  1. Ulrike, this is just wonderful you clever girl! my first attempt is giving me trouble,hard to get good cloud shapes.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Indeed because they nearly mix instantly with the colours around. I'm working on my next one at home now.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I was looking through your calendar today and there are two paintings with clouds in them. I notice you paint clouds very well and with confidence. There is a very interesting painting for this month it is a snow scene with a lamp deep in the forest in the evening looking into the distant forest there is a door quite dark in a shadow form. This painting reminds me of Narnia the place where the children first arrive at when they fall out of the wordrobe. It is a magical painting.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Funny enough that is very near to the place where I got the bin in snow. It's just a narrow green line in our area. Looking like Narnia... cool O:-) Perhaps I should tell my mum because it's her painting now.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. How did you get on with your second painting? I was looking for it this morning! I think I am happier with my first painting, I am just going to take a photo of it so I can see it on the computer screen, this often gives us a distance from the work so we can be more objective about it. speak later!

    AntwortenLöschen