4. April 2011

Reflecting Light - Reflektierendes Licht

I'ts not just reflecting but also reflected light that you see in the water and on the fields. Light does not make just light values; it creates colours, too. Besides the sun gives her best to show the leaves the way out of the tree's twigs, in fact very successfully.

Es ist nicht nur reflektierendes Licht, sondern auch reflektiertes Licht, das man im Wasser und auf den Feldern sieht. Licht bringt nicht nur helle Tonwerte; es kreiert auch Farben. Außerdem gibt die Sonne ihr Bestes, um den Blättern den Weg aus den Zweigen zu zeigen, und zwar sehr erfolgreich.

18,5 x 13,5cm, pastels on Sennelier card, Pastell auf Sennelierbogen

6 Kommentare:

  1. Hi Ulrike how are you! are you packing yet! Great to see your cloud reflection here with the warm colours reflected from the sky. It looks very realistic, well done.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I'm not yet packing, but we're very quick at doing that. O;-) However, I'm not sure what kind of painting/drawing equipment I should bring. Any idea?

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hi Ulrike,

    nice picture from my point of view. But I'm not sure, is there anyone in the liquid? I think I saw a twinkling face.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Hi Anonymous O:-) (Who are you?)
    thank you... I must confess the happy face must have come up by chance. Perhaps I was in a very good mood while doing this peace. What would Freud have concluded about it???

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Hi Ulrike, do take drawing stuff as we are having a great deal of rain here so sitting out at the moment is not possible, also today there were high winds. We were out walking today. Just take a few things maybe some paints too if you like to paint as well.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the sky, the warm green earth and the sky reflection that is slightly darker in the water. That looks just like my back yard!

    AntwortenLöschen