24. August 2011

Hainich Woods 2 (in progress)

After having a look at the masses of photos I decided to do at least one more painting of woods, maybe more. I started with an acrylic lemon yellow/Titanium white background. This time I'm going to listen to Caroline Simmill and use glazes of oil. For that reason the first layers are very pale. Now I have to wait until they have dried.

Nachdem ich mir die vielen Fotos angeschaut habe, entschied ich mich, mindestens ein weiteres Bild des Waldes zu malen. Ich begann mit einem Hintergrund aus zitronengelben und titanweißen Acrylfarben. Dieses Mal habe ich vor, auf Caroline Simmill zu hören und Lasierungen von Ölfarben zu benutzen. Deshalb sind die ersten Schichten so hell. Nun muss ich warten, bis sie getrocknet sind.

70 x70cm, mixed media on canvas, Mischtechnik auf Leinwand

2 Kommentare:

  1. And I am following your advise to read my art books instead of looking at the pretty pictures! I learned a lot on the building up of glazes from Deborah's online course. I look forward to seeing the progress made on your new painting Ulrike.

    AntwortenLöschen