4. Oktober 2011

Bread - Brot

This kind of bread is called "Herkules" and when I wanted to buy I said: "A Herkules, please!" and I added that everybody would like to have a Hercules. Everybody around me was smiling so that the shop assistant just put it in the bread slicer, but I haven't told him to. So, I tried to call him back. "I'd like to have a whole Herkules." Everybody laughed and I got a whole one and not the sliced Herkules...

Diese Brotsorte wird "Herkules" genannt und als ich eines kaufen wollte, sagte ich: "Einen Herkules bitte!", und ich fügte hinzu, dass jeder gern einen Herkules hätte. Alle um mich herum lächelten, so dass der Verkäufer das Brot einfach in die Brotschneidemaschine steckte, aber ich hatte nicht darum gebeten. Deshalb versuchte ich ihn davon abzuhalten. "Ich möchte gern einen ganzen Herkules." Alle lachten und bekam einen ganzen und nicht den geschnittenen Herkules...

13 x 21cm, oil on canvas on MDF panel, Öl auf Leinwand auf MDF-Paneel
sold, but what about a print or cards?

2 Kommentare:

  1. An archaic painting and a nice story! That's the kind of bread I miss in France and England. Nothing like German bread!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Perhaps I should do a series. Yesterday I fought against a bisquit and I'm not sure whether I've won...

    AntwortenLöschen