2. Januar 2011

Brook in Snow (first strokes) - Bach im Schnee (erste Striche)

I must have read and seen too much of the painter's bible "Carlson's Guide to Landscape Painting" by John F. Carlson. Nevertheless I was surprised to see what happened to the canvas this afternoon. I'm curious about what comes next.

Ich muss zu viel in der Maler-Bibel "Carlson's Guide to Landscape Painting" by John F. Carlson gelesen und gesehen haben. Trotzdem war ich überrascht zu sehen, was heute Nachmittag auf der Leinwand passierte. Ich bin gespannt, was als nächstes kommt.

24 x 30cm, oil on canvas, Öl auf Leinwand

2 Kommentare:

  1. Ulrike this is nice, you have captured the bleak and cold winter landscape beautifully. Nice use of the limited palette and the sky colours are pretty too. Your Carlson composition ideas are very striking!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. First a Happy New Year for you, too! O:-) I think the trunks are still a bit naked and rough. I'm going to work on them very soon. I've read Deborah's pages about the colours in the sky tonight and of course now I'm doubting about the them. Hm, we'll what happens to the painting this afternoon O;-)

    AntwortenLöschen