23. Mai 2010

Two Omorika Tops - Zwei Omorika-Spitzen

This afternoon I tested the Judson's Thumbox for the first time on my parents' balcony. It was great to put on the lap and to work on it. All my acrylic colours have found their space. The brushes I ordered are ok. The brush washer is too small for leaving a brush in it. That should be possible for acrylics. For watercolours it would be ok. I'm sure it is a good thing for painting plein air. You will read about my exprience, for sure O:-)
These two tops of omorika pinea are on the border of my parents' garden. They are very tall, about 10 metres, if not more. In former times they were a good place to hide.

An diesem Nachmittag testete ich die Thumbox von Judson auf dem Balkon meiner Eltern. Es war toll es einfach auf den Schoß zu stellen und auf ihm zu arbeiten. Alle meine Farben fanden ihren Platz. Die Pinsel, die ich mitbestellt hatte, waren ok. Der Brush Washer war zu klein, um einen Pinsel darin zu lassen. Das sollte gerade bei Acryl möglich sein. Für Aquarell wäre das so in Ordnung. Ich bin sicher, die Box ist eine gute Sache um Plein Air zu malen. Sie werden von meinen Erfahrungen lesen, ganz sicher O:-)
Diesen beiden Spitzen der Omorika Pinea stehen an der Grenze des Gartens meiner Eltern. Sie sind sehr hoch, ungefähr 10 Meter, wenn nicht höher. Früher waren sie ein guter Platz zum Verstecken.

18 x 13cm, acrylics on canvas panel, Acryl auf Leinwand-Paneel

3 Kommentare:

  1. Good to hear you were testing the fine thumb box for the first time, it must have been fun to work outside with this new friend! You can buy fold up water containers for painting plein air, I would think if you were to travel far from home your brushes would need a good clean out before the journey back. Do you have a wee pack pack for the thumb box to fit into...

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Yes, it's very nice painting outside. However, I haven't tested it with a tripod, just know that it fits to ours for the cameras.
    Hm, I've never heard of folable water containers. Have you got a link for that?
    The Thumbox fits in my usual backpack very well.

    AntwortenLöschen